Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Breakfast Treats

8/13/13 - I ate a breakfast treat after my exercise class today.  Panera Bread is one of the standard chain eateries for breakfast sweets.  I had a cinnamon crisp scone.  I like the cinnamon frosting.  The scone was a little dry, but most scones are rather dry.  (except for the cranberry orange scone recipe that I got from a friend).  I did enjoy it, though.  I have had a number of breakfast goodies since I have kept my dessert journal, and so far I would rate the apple strudel at Old Europe in downtown Asheville to be my favorite.  The apples were juicy, not too sweet, and the pastry was honey glazed.  It was really delicious with a cup of coffee.
My secret to eating a variety of desserts but not gaining weight is to keep a regular exercise regimen.  Today I worked out an hour at a combination pilates/yoga class.  I do several dance exercise classes during the week, including my favorite zumba.  I also walk, hike, and do light weight training.  Not only do I benefit with overall health, but it does enable me to indulge in my sweets obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment