Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My so called healthy dessert

Unfortunately, I did not have time to travel downtown today to try out a new dessert.  So I resorted to my banana and chocolate chips dessert.  I slice the banana, add chocolate chips, and microwave for 15 seconds.  Melts the chocolate just a little.  This is satisfying and I rationalize that it is somewhat healthy because of the fruit and dark chocolate, which studies show is beneficial to us.  Another "healthy"one like this is dried cranberries, chocolate chips, and walnuts.  As much as a sweets fanatic as I am, I stick to one sweet treat a day, as I do not want too much sugar in my daily diet.  I realize that one dessert a day is probably more than I need, but the point is, I do have some discipline to keep from going overboard with sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment